Friday, January 28, 2011

Le Touquet, France



"Paris by the sea." Le Touquet has a reputation as the most elegant holiday resort of northern France, the playground of rich Parisians and wealthy British, with many luxury hotels..




Second on the list -- I want to see the beach! and so we went..and not only a beach -- but we went to THE BEACH in Le Touquet -- where the rich and famous have their own vacation houses (per Dominique).. and this is the best place and time to go.. it's summer, and people go here on summer! We might bumped into some celebrities or royalties..who knows...

Well, it's beautiful all right..when it comes to beaches, I'm a little bit bias..well you know -- being Filipino and having seen the best beaches in town like Bora for instance..well, this is no Bora... but, what's interesting here is that this is the rendezvous place for class A people.  Well, I don't know about that since I just see people as people, not about their status..but I guess being here, makes me really see the difference between the elite and the average.. They said that most people who comes here actually owns a vacation place near the beach - a condo or a house -- and is just there for the summer break.. there are transient units for rental or hotels, but, as I say, this is a place for well-to-do people -- so why rent if you can have a place of your own, right?  Restaurants are a little bit pricey -- well for me it is! and the souvenirs -- oh boy -- I can afford the post cards though!  It was a nice experience. I was hoping we could have stayed longer, but we don't own a condo here..and not practical to stay in a luxurious hotel for the night..and besides, we still need to go to Rimboval. We didn't bumped into some royalties, but I saw James Bond's car!  :D

1 comment:

  1. Nice article. Highly recommended. The thoughts are clear and well explained. Thank you for sharing your work, truly worth reading. On the other hand, if you’re interested in, fiancee visa application, feel free to visit our website. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete